Brookfield’s JJ Stacks restaurant reopens after fire

Photo of Shayla Colon

BROOKFIELD — JJ Stacks is reopening to the public after a kitchen fire, the burger restaurant owners shared on Facebook.

“We will be reopen [Saturday] for breakfast at 6 a.m.,” the post read.

“This last week has been very stressful and costly, and while we hope to see all the people who reached out to us over the last week, please be patient as we are prepping and getting ready to open as fast as we can, and may be a little short on product,” they added.

The restaurant had to close its doors after a “purely accidental” grease fire damaged some of the kitchen appliances and a wall Monday morning. No injuries were reported in the fire. Firefighters activated a system in the kitchen to contain and fully extinguish the blaze.

The space had to be cleaned and inspected by multiple Brookfield agencies before the restaurant could reopen.

“They received all the necessary approvals from health, building and fire,” Assistant Fire Marshal Mike Connors said.

The Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company shared the news on social media.

About the author